Shivraj Singh Chouhan meets Prez, PM
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday met President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and discussed various issues related to the state including coal linkages.
During his meeting with the Prime Minister, Chouhan said coal linkages are not lined up yet for Phase II of Shree Singaji Thermal Power Project in the state`s Khandawa district.
"For want of coal linkages, the project is not getting the environmental clearance and as a result project work is held up," he said.
He requested the prime minister to issue instruction for allocation of coal linkages at the earliest.
Chouhan informed Singh about the deteriorating condition of national highways in the state and requested him to take the monitoring of national highways under the Prime Minister`s Office for better results.
He also requested the prime minister to increase the annual allocation of houses under Indira Awas Yojana to 3.83 lakh units. Madhya Pradesh has been allocated only 84,358 houses in 2012-13 under the scheme.
Singh assured Chouhan of all possible help on the issues raised by him, an official statement from Madhya Pradesh government said.
In his meeting with Mukherjee, Chouhan requested him to give his consent and time for laying the foundation stone of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi University at Bhopal. The president assured him that he will spare some time in this regard, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price