‘Shocked’ by ABVP attack on colleague, prof dies
Damoh (MP): Allegedly traumatised by the
bashing up of his colleague by ABVP workers at Khandwa earlier
this week, a college teacher suffered heart attack and died at
village Agara near here.
Professor Surendra Singh Thakur, the deceased, was
"upset over the way his colleague was thrashed by the ABVP
activists," his relatives alleged.
Last evening, Thakur complained of chest pain, and was
rushed to the district hospital in Damoh. He had a severe
cardiac arrest while in the hospital, and died.
His relatives said that when ABVP workers attacked
assistant professor Ashok Chaudhary for allegedly having
illicit relationship with a hosteler girl at Government
Agriculture College in Khandwa, Thakur was present there, and
had tried to intervene.
After the incident, Thakur left for his village in Damoh.
His brother, Hakam Singh, said that being a very
sensitive person, the incident upset him severely, and it was
the cause of heart attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?