‘Shocked’ by ABVP attack on colleague, prof dies
Damoh (MP): Allegedly traumatised by the
bashing up of his colleague by ABVP workers at Khandwa earlier
this week, a college teacher suffered heart attack and died at
village Agara near here.
Professor Surendra Singh Thakur, the deceased, was
"upset over the way his colleague was thrashed by the ABVP
activists," his relatives alleged.
Last evening, Thakur complained of chest pain, and was
rushed to the district hospital in Damoh. He had a severe
cardiac arrest while in the hospital, and died.
His relatives said that when ABVP workers attacked
assistant professor Ashok Chaudhary for allegedly having
illicit relationship with a hosteler girl at Government
Agriculture College in Khandwa, Thakur was present there, and
had tried to intervene.
After the incident, Thakur left for his village in Damoh.
His brother, Hakam Singh, said that being a very
sensitive person, the incident upset him severely, and it was
the cause of heart attack.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra
- AgustaWestland case: Hang me if anything found against me, says Congress leader Ahmed Patel