‘Shocked’ by ABVP attack on colleague, prof dies
Damoh (MP): Allegedly traumatised by the
bashing up of his colleague by ABVP workers at Khandwa earlier
this week, a college teacher suffered heart attack and died at
village Agara near here.
Professor Surendra Singh Thakur, the deceased, was
"upset over the way his colleague was thrashed by the ABVP
activists," his relatives alleged.
Last evening, Thakur complained of chest pain, and was
rushed to the district hospital in Damoh. He had a severe
cardiac arrest while in the hospital, and died.
His relatives said that when ABVP workers attacked
assistant professor Ashok Chaudhary for allegedly having
illicit relationship with a hosteler girl at Government
Agriculture College in Khandwa, Thakur was present there, and
had tried to intervene.
After the incident, Thakur left for his village in Damoh.
His brother, Hakam Singh, said that being a very
sensitive person, the incident upset him severely, and it was
the cause of heart attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh