‘A guest at rave party might have supplied drugs’
Mumbai: City police suspect that one of the guests at the rave party which was busted in a Juhu hotel on Sunday night might have been the supplier of drugs found there and are examining whether the two disc jockeys had any links with this person.
For the second consecutive day, the two disc jockeys, Romeo and Deepesh Sharma of Designer Hippies, who played music at the party, were called to the police station today and their statements recorded, a police officer at Juhu police station said.
As of now, statements of five persons were recorded, the officer said, but refused to divulge their names and other details.
Police are verifying the antecedents of all the 91 guests at the party as they suspect that one of them could have been the drug supplier and might have thrown away the drugs in the hotel on seeing the police which swooped on the hotel in a surprise raid.
110 grams of cocaine and 64 grams of charas had been recovered from the premises during the raid. The drugs were found on the sofas and the floor but were not recovered from any person.
The investigators are also trying to decode the language used in the invitation. Police are taking help of various party organisers to decode the language used in the invitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed