Condition of Deshmukh showing signs of steady improvement
Chennai: The condition of Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment at a hospital here, is showing signs of steady improvement, hospital sources said.
"The condition of Deshmukh is showing signs of steady improvement," sources at the Global Hospitals where he was admitted in a critical condition on Monday last said.
The sources said he was `on and off" the ventilator.
The 67-year-old former Maharashtra Chief Minister was brought here from Mumbai in an air ambulance and hospitalised for possible liver transplant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi