Condition of Deshmukh showing signs of steady improvement
Chennai: The condition of Union Science and Technology Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment at a hospital here, is showing signs of steady improvement, hospital sources said.
"The condition of Deshmukh is showing signs of steady improvement," sources at the Global Hospitals where he was admitted in a critical condition on Monday last said.
The sources said he was `on and off" the ventilator.
The 67-year-old former Maharashtra Chief Minister was brought here from Mumbai in an air ambulance and hospitalised for possible liver transplant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet