Maha couple brings hope to orphaned HIV children
Beed: A charitable trust run by a couple in Beed district of Maharashtra, for the welfare of HIV positive children, on Thursday became home to more than 30 orphaned kids, tending to their basic needs besides providing them with proper medical care.
Infant India, set up in 2007, by Datta and Sandhya
Bargaje, on a hillock near the Bendusura Dam in an area spread
over two acres, the Trust runs on funds contributed by locals,
social workers, doctors, merchants and good samaritans who
intend to transform the lives of these infected children.
"I and my wife Sandhya were inspired by Baba Amte and Dr
Prakash`s Lokbiradari project in Gadchiroli district of
Maharashtra and decided to open this trust," Datta, who turned
to social service giving up his job as a lab technician in
Bhamragad tehsil in the naxal-hit district, told PTI on Thursday on
World Aids Day.
Sandhya too, who was a professor at Raje Vishveshawarrao
College at Gadchiroli left her job to join her husband.
"We brought the two acre land from our savings of Rs 10
lakh to help HIV-affected children across Maharashtra who were
orphaned after the death of their parents, afflicted by the
disease," they said.
Today, there are 36 HIV/AIDS affected children at Infant
India. Everyday at 5 AM, they are made to do Yoga excercises
to increase their immunity levels. Also, ayurvedic medicines
are given to them followed by timely breakfast and meals, they
The children also undergo CD 4 tests from time to time
at ART centre of Ambajogai tehsil here, the Bargajes said.
Prominent people and activists assist us on many fronts
by providing clothes, fruits, food grains and medicines. "Our
main aim is provide an healthy atmosphere, complete with love
and care to these children so that they feel lonely and
homeless," they said.
The couple also organises several campaigns to spread
awareness about HIV/AIDS to bring these children to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why