Man stabs wife to death in Maharashtra, threatens to kill `next target`
Zee Media Bureau
Thane: In a chilling incident, a 38-year-old man, running a travel agency, allegedly stabbed his wife in her private parts several times and then fled the house in Thane`s Ulhasnagar township, police said on Tuesday.
The man also left a shivery message on the wall of his house, claiming he would kill another person.
Kavita Gyanchand Meghrajani (32) was found lying dead with multiple stab wounds at her house in Ulhasnagar yesterday, inspector PD Pandre of Central police station said.
As per a police complaint filed by a relative of the deceased, Kavita`s husband Gyanchand Narayandas Meghrajani, who owns a travel agency, brutally killed her some time before noon yesterday and fled from the scene, he said.
Police also discovered that the man had written a message on the wall: “Agar main bach gaya, toh ab doosre ki baari (If I’m alive, I’ll kill the second one)”.
The body has been sent for postmortem and an offence has been registered against the deceased`s husband under Section 302 (murder) of the IPC, Pandre said.
The reason behind the killing was yet to be ascertained, he said, adding that a search has been launched to nab the culprit.
The couple` s five-year-old daughter was asleep at that time. When she woke up in the morning, she saw her mother lying in a pool of blood and called her grandmother to apprise her of the incident.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement