Air France plane returns to Mumbai after engine problem
Mumbai: A Paris-bound Air France plane with 212 people on board was forced to return to the airport here in the wee hours on Monday, barely 27 minutes after take-off, due to engine dysfunction.
The aircraft landed normally and all passengers were safe, the airline said even as a foreign object was found in the engine during the checks. However, AirFrance claimed that the object had nothing to do with the "engine dysfunction" which forced the plane to return.
"Air France confirms that flight AF 217 from Mumbai to Paris` Charles de Gaulle (CDG) returned to Mumbai after approximately 30 minutes flight time. After having detected an engine dysfunction, the crew took the decision to return to Mumbai airport to reduce the power of one of the engines," Air France said in statement from Paris.
While technical checks will be performed on the aircraft (Airbus 330-200), Air France has despatched a larger AF218 aircraft to operate the return flight tomorrow, the statement said.
Though the airline said a foreign object was found in the engine of the aircraft, it maintained that its presence had nothing to do with the return of the plane less than half an hour after take-off.
"An investigation will take place. The foreign object will be fully analysed. According to available information, this object found in the engine hood has absolutely no link with the engine dysfunction," the statement said.
The aircraft carrying 200 passengers, including two infants, and a 12-member crew, had taken off at 0313 hrs and landed back at 0340 hrs due to the problem in the engine.
The aircraft landed normally and all passengers and crew have been accommodated in hotels, the statement said, adding its replacement AF 218 will arrive in Mumbai at 11:55 PM (local time).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp