Air France plane returns to Mumbai after engine problem
Mumbai: A Paris-bound Air France plane with 212 people on board was forced to return to the airport here in the wee hours on Monday, barely 27 minutes after take-off, due to engine dysfunction.
The aircraft landed normally and all passengers were safe, the airline said even as a foreign object was found in the engine during the checks. However, AirFrance claimed that the object had nothing to do with the "engine dysfunction" which forced the plane to return.
"Air France confirms that flight AF 217 from Mumbai to Paris` Charles de Gaulle (CDG) returned to Mumbai after approximately 30 minutes flight time. After having detected an engine dysfunction, the crew took the decision to return to Mumbai airport to reduce the power of one of the engines," Air France said in statement from Paris.
While technical checks will be performed on the aircraft (Airbus 330-200), Air France has despatched a larger AF218 aircraft to operate the return flight tomorrow, the statement said.
Though the airline said a foreign object was found in the engine of the aircraft, it maintained that its presence had nothing to do with the return of the plane less than half an hour after take-off.
"An investigation will take place. The foreign object will be fully analysed. According to available information, this object found in the engine hood has absolutely no link with the engine dysfunction," the statement said.
The aircraft carrying 200 passengers, including two infants, and a 12-member crew, had taken off at 0313 hrs and landed back at 0340 hrs due to the problem in the engine.
The aircraft landed normally and all passengers and crew have been accommodated in hotels, the statement said, adding its replacement AF 218 will arrive in Mumbai at 11:55 PM (local time).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof