BJP councillors demand Bansal`s resignation
Chandigarh: The local municipal corporation`s House meeting on Friday witnessed stormy scenes and had to be adjourned for the day after Opposition BJP councillors created ruckus over the demand of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s resignation from the Lok Sabha and the civic body.
BJP`s Atul Sood, Devesh Moudgil and other Opposition councillors demanded Bansal`s resignation in the wake of his nephew Vijay Singla`s arrest by the CBI in connection with a multi-crore graft case.
BJP councillors raised slogans against Bansal and some of them hurled pamphlets during the House meeting.
Later, Opposition members even ran a mock session of the House after its adjournment.
Bansal has voting right in the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation by virtue of being a MP from Chandigarh.
Later on, Mayor Subhash Chawla told reporters that BJP had no real issue to raise and their only intention was to create ruckus.
"They have no concern with Chandigarh`s development and want to block the issues raised in the House," he said.
However, Sood said that the recent graft issue has "really shamed the city`s residents and Bansal should step down."
"During his entire tenure, Bansal only helped his family members and relatives to flourish their business and ignored the city`s residents," both Sood and Moudgil alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?