BJP councillors demand Bansal`s resignation
Chandigarh: The local municipal corporation`s House meeting on Friday witnessed stormy scenes and had to be adjourned for the day after Opposition BJP councillors created ruckus over the demand of former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s resignation from the Lok Sabha and the civic body.
BJP`s Atul Sood, Devesh Moudgil and other Opposition councillors demanded Bansal`s resignation in the wake of his nephew Vijay Singla`s arrest by the CBI in connection with a multi-crore graft case.
BJP councillors raised slogans against Bansal and some of them hurled pamphlets during the House meeting.
Later, Opposition members even ran a mock session of the House after its adjournment.
Bansal has voting right in the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation by virtue of being a MP from Chandigarh.
Later on, Mayor Subhash Chawla told reporters that BJP had no real issue to raise and their only intention was to create ruckus.
"They have no concern with Chandigarh`s development and want to block the issues raised in the House," he said.
However, Sood said that the recent graft issue has "really shamed the city`s residents and Bansal should step down."
"During his entire tenure, Bansal only helped his family members and relatives to flourish their business and ignored the city`s residents," both Sood and Moudgil alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'