Border meeting between India and China at Nathula
Kolkata: A meeting between India and China was held at Multipurpose Complex of Chinese Army (PLA) at Nathula in Sikkim on Wednesday with delegations of both countries reiterating the importance of such interaction in maintaining peace and tranquility along the international boundary.
The Indian Army delegation was led by a Brigadier rank officer of Nathula garrison, who crossed over the India-China Trade Gate at 08:30 am and was warmly greeted by the Chinese delegation led by a Senior Colonel, according to a defence release here.
The meeting started with informal introduction between the delegation members of both countries followed by interaction.
The business part of the meeting started with a formal conference where the Agenda Points of both the delegations were discussed in an atmosphere of utmost cordiality and friendliness, the release said.
Both the delegations reiterated the importance of such forums in maintaining the Peace and Tranquility along the International Boundary, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September