CBI registers 2 fresh cases in Coalgate scam
New Delhi: CBI Thursday registered two fresh cases in coal blocks allocation scam against two firms in Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh following a direction from the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
CBI had earlier decided to close the case against these two companies but on orders from the Supreme Court, the agency had to submit all papers to the CVC which was asked by the apex court to verify the reports and whether a correct decision had been taken.
In these two cases, the CVC gave an oral order reasoning registering a case against the two firms whereas in other 12 cases, the Vigilance Commission had merely asked them to register a case without assigning any reason.
CBI will be informing the Supreme Court tomorrow and seek necessary directions in the matter when the matter comes up for hearing.
In today`s development, CBI alleged Ranchi-based Domco Private Limited entered into a criminal conspiracy with unnamed entities and submitted false information with dishonest intention to the authorities while applying for a captive coal block and secured allocation of ?Lalgarh (North)? coal block.
"The then Director of the said company allegedly gained pecuniary benefit of Rs seven crores by selling shares of the company on premium after the allocation of the coal block," a CBI spokesperson said in a statement and added searches were being conducted at three places at Ranchi and New Delhi.
Attempts to reach the company did not yield any results as the phone number provided by them was not functioning and emails bounced.
The second case was registered against Chhattisgarh-based company -- Vandana Vidyut Limited -- for alleged misrepresentation of facts.
Without taking names, the CBI FIR also said the case also included members of 35th screening Committee which had met on September 13, 2007.
The company was approached for comments and the Private Secretary to the Managing Director of the company had assured that a comment would be issued soon. Repeated attempts, thereafter, failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj