Concern in LS over ATMs dispensing fake notes
New Delhi: Concern was expressed over growing instances of counterfeit notes being dispensed by ATMs, with a member demanding that those running these outlets should be held responsible.
Raising the matter during Zero Hour, RSP member Prashanta K Majumdar said circulation of fake currency in the country had grown to such an extent that counterfeit notes were conveniently finding way to banks and re-circulated through ATMs.
He alleged that banks could be in collusion and those running the ATMs could also be involved.
"The source needs to be checked. When ATMs dispense fake notes, those running them should be held responsible," he said demanding adequate steps by the Finance Ministry to stop the menace.
He said this problem was not only hurting the economy, but also causing trouble for common people, who are unable to distinguish a genuine note from a fake one. Those getting such currency from banks and ATMs were hauled up by police, he said.
Congress member Sajjan Singh Verma raised the issue of the plight of widows in the country. He made a strong plea for providing monthly pension of Rs 500-1,000 by the Centre with a like amount from the state government.
M I Shanavas (Cong) wanted the government to evolve a permanent solution to the growing conflict between man and animals in various parts of the country, with animals increasingly straying into human habitats.
Bishnu Pada Ray (BJP) wanted post-retirement medical benefits for the Union Territory cadre and expressed concern that his plea made in 2010 was still stuck in files.
He accused the Central government of following the practice of divided rule like the British.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price