Concern in LS over ATMs dispensing fake notes
New Delhi: Concern was expressed over growing instances of counterfeit notes being dispensed by ATMs, with a member demanding that those running these outlets should be held responsible.
Raising the matter during Zero Hour, RSP member Prashanta K Majumdar said circulation of fake currency in the country had grown to such an extent that counterfeit notes were conveniently finding way to banks and re-circulated through ATMs.
He alleged that banks could be in collusion and those running the ATMs could also be involved.
"The source needs to be checked. When ATMs dispense fake notes, those running them should be held responsible," he said demanding adequate steps by the Finance Ministry to stop the menace.
He said this problem was not only hurting the economy, but also causing trouble for common people, who are unable to distinguish a genuine note from a fake one. Those getting such currency from banks and ATMs were hauled up by police, he said.
Congress member Sajjan Singh Verma raised the issue of the plight of widows in the country. He made a strong plea for providing monthly pension of Rs 500-1,000 by the Centre with a like amount from the state government.
M I Shanavas (Cong) wanted the government to evolve a permanent solution to the growing conflict between man and animals in various parts of the country, with animals increasingly straying into human habitats.
Bishnu Pada Ray (BJP) wanted post-retirement medical benefits for the Union Territory cadre and expressed concern that his plea made in 2010 was still stuck in files.
He accused the Central government of following the practice of divided rule like the British.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list