Congress MLA rescues pilgrims in Uttarakhand
Bhopal: Congress MLA Sanjay Pathak on Tuesday said he used his own helicopter to rescue 43 pilgrims stranded in Badrinath area in the aftermath of flash-floods in Uttarakhand.
Pathak, who represents Vijay-Raghavgarh Assembly constituency in Katni district of Madhya Pradesh, said he himself flew in the chopper on the rescue sorties.
"We have rescued 43 pilgrims safely including 12 from Katni district by flying in hostile weather conditions," he told a news agency from Dehradun.
"Since June 21, we have rescued 43 stranded pilgrims from Badrinath area," he said, adding that he had also offered the government the use his helicopter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!