Contesting LS polls for BJP, Narendra Modi a privilege for me: Kirron Kher
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Soon after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) declared the 58-year-old famous actor Kirron Kher as its Lok Sabha poll candidate from Chandigarh, Kher said contesting for the party and for its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will be a privilege for her.
“Chandigarh is home to me. I’ll fight for my hometown, BJP and Narendra Modi. It’s a privilege for me,” Kher said on Saturday.
In a high profile face-off, where Kher has been pitted against sitting Congress MP Pawan Kumar Bansal and actor Gul Panag, who is the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) nominee, the BJP candidate said, “I can’t think of any one rival. I need to get down to working very hard now.”
Kher joined BJP in 2010, giving a reason that she came into politics for an emotional reason.
The wife of acclaimed actor Anupam Kher, who is an AAP supporter, was picked by the BJP high command yesterday against Chandigarh BJP unit chief Sanjay Tandon, senior leader Satyapal Jain and veteran Harmohan Dhawan.
Kher’s candidature is being seen as fallout of infighting among the three leaders.
Yesterday, BJP declared its fourth list of candidates who will be contesting the upcoming polls. The key decision was Narandra Modi’s candidature from Varanasi, while party president Rajnath Singh will now fight form Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'