Corruption will not end by framing a law: Digvijay
Guna(MP): Even as Anna Hazare revived his
Lokpal agitation today by holding a one-day hunger strike in
New Delhi, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh observed
that corruption will not end merely by framing a law and there
is a need for a strong willpower to curb it.
"Corruption will end with a strong willpower and not by
merely enacting a law," Singh told reporters here today.
Targeting Team Anna, he said "its four prominent
members are exploiting Hazare while they themselves never
launch any agitation. Their main aim is to oppose Congress,"
the senior Congress leader said.
He also criticised Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal for
showing disrespect to the Parliament stating that the entire
house should not be blamed just because of few persons (who
may have committed some wrong).
Responding to a question, Singh ruled out any
possibility of a mid-term poll saying that the next Lok Sabha
elections would be held as scheduled.
When asked about his absence from the Madhya Pradesh
Congress Committee`s Coordination Committee meeting held in
Bhopal yesterday, Singh said that its dates were announced at
a very short notice and therefore, many leaders were unable to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown