David Cameron to visit India on November 14
New Delhi: British Prime Minister David Cameron will come here on his third visit in last two years on November 14 and will hold talks with his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on key bilateral and regional issues.
Cameron will make a day-long visit before heading to Sri Lanka to attend Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) on November 15-16, sources said here.
This will be third visit by Cameron, who visited India in 2010 immediately after assuming charge as UK`s Prime Minister. The second visit was in February this year.
His visit comes in the backdrop of various unresolved issues between the two countries including UK`s controversial move to impose 3,000 pounds visa bond scheme for Indians which has been raised both at diplomatic and political level by India.
Asked about the talks between the two leaders, sources said all key bilateral, regional and international issues will be discussed.
On the controversial visa bond fee, the sources said, the UK has already indicated that no final decision has been taken on the bond issue.
Significantly, Singh has not visited the UK since Cameron has taken over. The Prime Minister had last visited the UK in 2007, when Tony Blair was the British Prime Minister.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street
- Seven silent culprits of hair loss!