Five more bodies recovered from troubled Assam districts
Bhangarpar: Five more bodies were found Wednesday morning from two trouble-torn districts of Assam, taking the toll in the violence unleashed by ultras to 41.
The bodies, which were recovered from Beki river that flows from Baksa district, are yet to be identified.
"Officially, we have not identified the bodies yet but the families have identified them to be from the affected areas," Baksa DC Vinod Seshan said.
"However, identification has to be done to ascertain whether these are the victims of the attack in Narayanguri and Hagrabari villages," Seshan told PTI.
A team of 40 NDRF personnel, which reached the spot yesterday, started their operation from this morning to fish out more bodies from the Beki river.
Suspected NDFB(S) militants had unleashed violence in the two districts of Baksa and Kokrajhar on May 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed