Govt aware of Chinese activities along borders: Antony
New Delhi: Government is aware of the Chinese activities along the borders and has taken necessary steps to secure the desired national security objectives, the Defence Ministry told the Lok Sabha.
In a written reply to a question in the House, Defence Minister A K Antony said yesterday, "Government is aware of the activities of China along the border and is fully seized of the security imperatives of the country."
The threat perception is reviewed from time to time including the need for developing requisite infrastructure in the border areas, he added.
On the steps taken by the Ministry in this regards, the Minister said, "Necessary steps, as required, have been initiated through development of infrastructure as well as operational capabilities of the armed forces to secure the desired national security objectives."
Replying to a query on setting up strategic rail links in the country, Antony said a Comprehensive Capability Development Plan (CCDP) has been drawn by the Services, based on the inputs from their operational commands.
"CCDP pertaining to strategic railway lines, including those in Jammu and Kashmir, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and North East states, has been drawn up by the Services, based on the inputs from operational command and validated from an operational and logistics perspective," he said.
On status of the project, the Minister said that out of the 14 lines, railways have completed survey for 10.
"Survey for three lines is in progress and for one it is yet to start. Railways have expressed inability to fund these highly capital intensive lines in view of huge throwforward of ongoing sanctioned projects and limited availability of resources," Antony said.
In reply to a question on impact of delay in defence projects, the Defence Minister said that DRDO has written a letter to concerned stakeholders in the Ministry in October 2012 regarding likely delay in systems developed by it, including armaments.
"This delay is likely in case the platform on which these systems are based, is changed. The delay would be in both ongoing projects (which are in fairly advanced stage) as well as in case of systems where development work has been completed and orders have been placed by stakeholders on production agencies," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India