Govt I-card recovered from slain JeM commander in J&K
Jammu: Top Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) commander
Parbhat Shikari alias Tipu was working as a government school
teacher in Poonch district as per an identity card recovered
from him, police said.
Tipu, a Pakistani national, was carrying an identity card
of a government middle school issued by the state Education
department in Poonch district.
"Slain Pakistani commander was operating in Poonch
district as a government teacher. We have recovered an I-card
of Jammu and Kashmir state Education Department," Senior
Superintendent of Police, Poonch, Manmohan Singh said.
"This is a very serious matter and we are very concerned
about the issuance of such a card to a Pakistani militant. We
are investigating into it," the SSP said.
Tipu was gunned down by Army and police in Mendhar belt
of Poonch district on Wednesday.
The militant was operating in Pir Panjal range for past
more than five years and carried an education department`s
identity card on the name of Parvez Ahmed, son of Mohammad
Arif resident of Tope in Mendhar. The I-card had on it the
stamp and signatures of zonal education officer (ZEO), Mankot,
"An inquiry has been ordered into the recovery of
identity card from the militant. The SHO, Mendhar, has been
asked to verify authenticity of the identity card and if it
was found genuine action would be initiated against those
responsible for issuing a government card to most wanted
militant of Jammu region," Singh said.
He said Pakistani militants are reported to have escaped
police net several times displaying an identity card of a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog