Heavy rain in North India; 15 killed
New Delhi: Heavy showers lashed parts of North India on Tuesday as 15 people were killed due to rain-related incidents in the region.
Capital Delhi recorded a maximum temperature of 31.3 degrees Celsius, three degrees less than normal and a minimum of 24.8 degrees Celsius.
A few parts of the city received rains. The maximum humidity touched 90 per cent.
At least 15 people were killed in rain-related incidents as heavy showers lashed eastern and western parts of Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours.
Five people were killed in Sultanpur, four each in Mau and Ghazipur and one each in Gonda and Azamgarh in separate incidents like wall collapse and lightning.
Met office sources here said extremely heavy rain lashed isolated places over eastern UP and moderate to rather heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at many places over western UP.
The sources forecast rain and thundershowers at most places in the state and at many places over western UP. It warned that heavy to very heavy rain would occur at one or two places over the state during next 24 hours.
Central Water Commission sources said that most of the rivers were in spate following heavy rains.
Heavy rain lashed parts of Punjab and Haryana today causing the mercury to settle a few notches below normal.
Chandigarh received heavy rain this morning while Dasuya was the wettest place with 104 mm of showers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'