Heavy rain in North India; 15 killed
New Delhi: Heavy showers lashed parts of North India on Tuesday as 15 people were killed due to rain-related incidents in the region.
Capital Delhi recorded a maximum temperature of 31.3 degrees Celsius, three degrees less than normal and a minimum of 24.8 degrees Celsius.
A few parts of the city received rains. The maximum humidity touched 90 per cent.
At least 15 people were killed in rain-related incidents as heavy showers lashed eastern and western parts of Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours.
Five people were killed in Sultanpur, four each in Mau and Ghazipur and one each in Gonda and Azamgarh in separate incidents like wall collapse and lightning.
Met office sources here said extremely heavy rain lashed isolated places over eastern UP and moderate to rather heavy rain and thundershowers occurred at many places over western UP.
The sources forecast rain and thundershowers at most places in the state and at many places over western UP. It warned that heavy to very heavy rain would occur at one or two places over the state during next 24 hours.
Central Water Commission sources said that most of the rivers were in spate following heavy rains.
Heavy rain lashed parts of Punjab and Haryana today causing the mercury to settle a few notches below normal.
Chandigarh received heavy rain this morning while Dasuya was the wettest place with 104 mm of showers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India