IAF warriors display stunning manoeuvres before President
Chandigarh: A team of 21 air warriors of the IAF presented an impeccable show by toying with over 5 kg rifles through several movements in synchronisation during their drill presented at the `Colours` award ceremony before President Pranab Mukherjee here on Friday.
An august gathering on the occasion was spellbound after witnessing the manoeuvres by the team, led by Corporal Ravinder Sherawat, with .303 bore rifles which weighs 5.5 kg.
After the disciplined performance in different drills, another 12 member team, including two women, of the IAF dropped in parachutes from the skies much to the surprise of the audience.
The sky divers came to the ground like an "eagle" only to land few meters away from where the President was sitting.
Besides, the IAF also displayed its might with three MIGs flying parallel went over the sitting arena with all eyes focussed at the pilots skill.
On the occasion, Mukherjee presented Colours to two important units of IAF - Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME) and 3 Base Repair Depot (BRD).
The Colours for AFCME was received by Air Commodore C K Ranjan and for 3 BRD by Air Commodore Suresh Singh.
The award of Colours is a great honour bestowed by the President in recognition of the worthy services rendered by a unit to the nation both during war and peace, an IAF spokesman said.
- New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing, khadi among several suggestions
- Uber brings back surge pricing, Arvind Kejriwal warns of strong action
- Happy Birthday! New photographs of Britain's Princess Charlotte released
- Weathermen predict fall in temperatures across northern India
- Rahul Gandhi to be face of Congress in Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls?