Id-ul Zuha celebrated across India
New Delhi: Id-ul-Zuha was celebrated across the country Wednesday with great enthusiasm and devotion.
President Pratibha Devisingh Patil, Vice President M. Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh greeted the people on the occasion.
With the prevailing normalcy in the Kashmir Valley, people here also celebrated Id-ul-Zuha with full fervor.
President Patil on Tuesday greeted the people ahead of the auspicious occasion of Id-ul-zuha.
In her message, the President said: “On the auspicious occasion of Id-ul-zuha, I convey my cordial greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens and to my Muslim brothers and sisters in particular.”
“May the festival bring all the communities and religions of India together in a celebration of our composite culture and civilization,” she added.
Vice President Ansari, in his message, said the festival celebrates the spirit of sacrifice shown by Prophet Ibrahim and promotes the feeling of compassion and love to serve the poor and the needy.
He called upon the people to celebrate this festival with joy of sharing, charity and serve the cause of humanity.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said Id-ul-Zuha is an occasion to remember the spirit of supreme sacrifice of Hazrat Ibrahim and the festival teaches us to be humble, charitable and to work for the greater good of humankind.
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22