Id-ul Zuha celebrated across India
New Delhi: Id-ul-Zuha was celebrated across the country Wednesday with great enthusiasm and devotion.
President Pratibha Devisingh Patil, Vice President M. Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh greeted the people on the occasion.
With the prevailing normalcy in the Kashmir Valley, people here also celebrated Id-ul-Zuha with full fervor.
President Patil on Tuesday greeted the people ahead of the auspicious occasion of Id-ul-zuha.
In her message, the President said: “On the auspicious occasion of Id-ul-zuha, I convey my cordial greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens and to my Muslim brothers and sisters in particular.”
“May the festival bring all the communities and religions of India together in a celebration of our composite culture and civilization,” she added.
Vice President Ansari, in his message, said the festival celebrates the spirit of sacrifice shown by Prophet Ibrahim and promotes the feeling of compassion and love to serve the poor and the needy.
He called upon the people to celebrate this festival with joy of sharing, charity and serve the cause of humanity.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said Id-ul-Zuha is an occasion to remember the spirit of supreme sacrifice of Hazrat Ibrahim and the festival teaches us to be humble, charitable and to work for the greater good of humankind.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended