Id-ul Zuha celebrated across India
New Delhi: Id-ul-Zuha was celebrated across the country Wednesday with great enthusiasm and devotion.
President Pratibha Devisingh Patil, Vice President M. Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh greeted the people on the occasion.
With the prevailing normalcy in the Kashmir Valley, people here also celebrated Id-ul-Zuha with full fervor.
President Patil on Tuesday greeted the people ahead of the auspicious occasion of Id-ul-zuha.
In her message, the President said: “On the auspicious occasion of Id-ul-zuha, I convey my cordial greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens and to my Muslim brothers and sisters in particular.”
“May the festival bring all the communities and religions of India together in a celebration of our composite culture and civilization,” she added.
Vice President Ansari, in his message, said the festival celebrates the spirit of sacrifice shown by Prophet Ibrahim and promotes the feeling of compassion and love to serve the poor and the needy.
He called upon the people to celebrate this festival with joy of sharing, charity and serve the cause of humanity.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said Id-ul-Zuha is an occasion to remember the spirit of supreme sacrifice of Hazrat Ibrahim and the festival teaches us to be humble, charitable and to work for the greater good of humankind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...