India disappointed over Rana`s acquittal
Bangalore: India on Friday demanded that Pakistan undertake a transparent investigation into the 26/11
terror attack in the backdrop of `substantial linkages`
established between LeT operatives Tahawwur Rana and David
Headley during their trial in US.
"It is something Pakistan must consider seriously. It is in
its own interest and in the interest of the region and that of
the bilateral relations that the conspiracy which began in
Mumbai attack has to be investigated in a transparent manner",
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna told reporters.
In a guarded reaction to Rana`s acquittal by a US court
to Rana`s acquittal by a US court, he said the trial has
substantial linkages between two in connection with the Mumbai
"Judicial process has taken a particular view. We are not
entirely satisfied. It is a judicial process. We can`t
dictate. That is the law of the land".
"But the fact remains throughout the last few months, the
trial has substantial linkages between the two facing the
trial and on Mumbai attack", Krishna said.
A US court today acquitted Rana on charges of plotting the
2008 Mumbai attacks but held him guilty of supporting
Pakistan-based terror group LeT and planning a strike in
Krishna said India would take up with US Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton during her Delhi visit next month, the
arrest of Kritika Biswas, daughter of an Indian diplomat in
New York on charges of sending obscene E-mails to her teacher.
"It is an unfair and unacceptable way of dealing with a law
abiding citizen like Kritika", he said when asked whether he
would take up the matter with U S Secretary of State Hillary
Krishna said India has taken up the matter at the highest
level and supported Kritika in every possible manner in her
litigation with the US.
Kritika,daughter of the Vice Consul at the Indian Consulate
General in New York was arrested on February 8,handcuffed and
spent 24 hours in jail and was suspended for reportedly having
sent obscene E-mail to teachers at her High School.
The charges were later dropped after she was found
Kritika however has sued the New City Government for USD
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'