Indian envoy expresses concern over cross-border firing by Pak
Islamabad: Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan, T C A Raghavan today expressed serious concern over "unprovoked" firing by Pakistani troops across the border with India.
Addressing media at the Iftar dinner he hosted at the Serena Hotel here, Raghavan said, "Indian soldiers and civilians have been killed in the unprovoked firing".
Raghavan said the ceasefire violation was linked to cross border infiltration bids. He also termed the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) as irrelevant and said all issued should be addressed bilaterally.
To a question on the uproar in India over journalist Ved Pratap Vaidik`s meeting with LeT chief Hafiz Saeed, Raghavan said it showed the level anger in India about the Mumbai attacks and failure to bring the perpetrators to justice.
He also said that the foreign secretaries were in touch and would meet but refused give the dates. A large number of guests from Pakistan attended the Iftar dinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’