Indigo plane veers off runway, narrow escape for 140 passengers
Mumbai: 140 passengers on board an IndiGo flight from Chandigarh to Mumbai had a narrow escape after the aircraft veered off the runway after landing at the airport here, officials said on Sunday.
The IndiGo flight 6E433 damaged some runway lights while landing yesterday, they said.
The pilot of the aircraft was today called for questioning, they said, adding, the preliminary report is expected to be submitted to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) soon.
"Our investigations into the incident are on," a DGCA official said.
The airport`s main runway had to be closed for almost two hours to clear the area and repair the lights. Most arriving and departing flights were consequently delayed by 30 to 40 minutes.
The airline said in a statement that the plane went off the runway due to a "sudden gust of wind".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Now, 'drama company' AAP advised to start comedy show to entertain people
- Tanzania debris to be checked for MH370 link
- MM Khan murder case: AAP must realise it is no longer a 'street organisation', says Kiren Rijiju
- Never personally attacked CPI(M), Cong leaders, says Mamata
- Indian-American Christians condemn attack on Syria church head