Indigo plane veers off runway, narrow escape for 140 passengers
Mumbai: 140 passengers on board an IndiGo flight from Chandigarh to Mumbai had a narrow escape after the aircraft veered off the runway after landing at the airport here, officials said on Sunday.
The IndiGo flight 6E433 damaged some runway lights while landing yesterday, they said.
The pilot of the aircraft was today called for questioning, they said, adding, the preliminary report is expected to be submitted to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) soon.
"Our investigations into the incident are on," a DGCA official said.
The airport`s main runway had to be closed for almost two hours to clear the area and repair the lights. Most arriving and departing flights were consequently delayed by 30 to 40 minutes.
The airline said in a statement that the plane went off the runway due to a "sudden gust of wind".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok