Indigo plane veers off runway, narrow escape for 140 passengers
Mumbai: 140 passengers on board an IndiGo flight from Chandigarh to Mumbai had a narrow escape after the aircraft veered off the runway after landing at the airport here, officials said on Sunday.
The IndiGo flight 6E433 damaged some runway lights while landing yesterday, they said.
The pilot of the aircraft was today called for questioning, they said, adding, the preliminary report is expected to be submitted to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) soon.
"Our investigations into the incident are on," a DGCA official said.
The airport`s main runway had to be closed for almost two hours to clear the area and repair the lights. Most arriving and departing flights were consequently delayed by 30 to 40 minutes.
The airline said in a statement that the plane went off the runway due to a "sudden gust of wind".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!