Indigo plane veers off runway, narrow escape for 140 passengers
Mumbai: 140 passengers on board an IndiGo flight from Chandigarh to Mumbai had a narrow escape after the aircraft veered off the runway after landing at the airport here, officials said on Sunday.
The IndiGo flight 6E433 damaged some runway lights while landing yesterday, they said.
The pilot of the aircraft was today called for questioning, they said, adding, the preliminary report is expected to be submitted to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) soon.
"Our investigations into the incident are on," a DGCA official said.
The airport`s main runway had to be closed for almost two hours to clear the area and repair the lights. Most arriving and departing flights were consequently delayed by 30 to 40 minutes.
The airline said in a statement that the plane went off the runway due to a "sudden gust of wind".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`