Indigo plane veers off runway, narrow escape for 140 passengers
Mumbai: 140 passengers on board an IndiGo flight from Chandigarh to Mumbai had a narrow escape after the aircraft veered off the runway after landing at the airport here, officials said on Sunday.
The IndiGo flight 6E433 damaged some runway lights while landing yesterday, they said.
The pilot of the aircraft was today called for questioning, they said, adding, the preliminary report is expected to be submitted to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) soon.
"Our investigations into the incident are on," a DGCA official said.
The airport`s main runway had to be closed for almost two hours to clear the area and repair the lights. Most arriving and departing flights were consequently delayed by 30 to 40 minutes.
The airline said in a statement that the plane went off the runway due to a "sudden gust of wind".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?