Irish man dies after taking ill during flight
Kochi: A non-stop Melbourne-Doha flight of Qatar Airways was diverted to Nedumbassery airport after an Irish passenger complained of chest pain and was later declared dead on being taken to a local hospital.
Airport sources on Thursday said they received a call from the pilot for an emergency landing after 68-year-old McMorrow Raymond developed chest pain shortly after the flight left Melbourne airport. It landed here at around around 7 PM last night.
Though Raymond was rushed to a nearby hospital in an ambulance, he was declared brought dead at the hospital.
The Irish embassy has been informed about Raymond`s death and efforts were on to find out his relatives, airport sources said.
The body has been kept at the Little Flower hospital mortuary at nearby Angamally.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18