Kargil martyr`s father calls for action against Pakistan
Shimla: Outraged over the brutal attack on Indian soldiers by the Pakistan Army, the father of Kargil martyr Capt Saurabh Kalia has sought complete action against Pakistan to stop such "heinous crimes" in the future.
N K Kalia, whose son was brutally tortured in Pakistan Army`s custody, said Islamabad would not have dared to do it again if India had taken strong action against it instead of appeasing it by arranging cricket matches and promoting trade and cultural exchanges.
"Such acts have happened, have been happening and will continue to happen if appropriate deterrent action is not taken by India," Kalia, who has moved the Supreme Court seeking directions to Indian Government to take the case of his son and five other Kargil martyrs to International Court of justice, said.
Islamabad should be brought to justice and punished for its inhuman and "cruel acts", he said.
Lt General (Retd) Hardev Singh Lidder, who conducted ‘Sarp Vinash’ operations in Hill Kaka in 2003, said, "Pakistan should be paid back in the same coin as it understands only that language".
The Supreme Court had issued notice to Indian government on December 14 last on a petition filed by N.K Kalia, seeking its order to the government to raise his son`s case at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at the Hague.
Kalia had complained that his son was captured as a prisoner of war but was brutally murdered in violation of the Geneva Convention.
Captain Kalia and five other jawans were captured by the Pakistani troops on May 15, 1999 while they were patrolling. They were tortured in captivity and their mutilated bodies were later handed over to the Indian side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?