President Pranab condoles death of IAF pilot in MIG crash
New Delhi: President Pranab on Tuesday expressed grief over the tragic death of an IAF pilot after his MIG-21 aircraft crashed during a sortie in Jammu and Kashmir.
In a condolence message to IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha, he said, "I am saddened to learn about the tragic crash of a MIG-21 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force in Bijbehara area of Anantnag district in Jammu and Kashmir today, in which the pilot Squadron Leader Raghu Bansi lost his life and the co-pilot suffered serious injuries.
"I am sure that all necessary help and assistance are being provided to the next of kin of the deceased pilot and medical aid is also being provided to the injured co-pilot."
He also wished an early recovery to the injured IAF co-pilot.
"Kindly convey my heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family, friends and colleagues. I pray for peace of the departed soul and speedy recovery of the injured co-pilot," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement quoted Mukherjee as saying.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note