President Pranab condoles death of IAF pilot in MIG crash
New Delhi: President Pranab on Tuesday expressed grief over the tragic death of an IAF pilot after his MIG-21 aircraft crashed during a sortie in Jammu and Kashmir.
In a condolence message to IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha, he said, "I am saddened to learn about the tragic crash of a MIG-21 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force in Bijbehara area of Anantnag district in Jammu and Kashmir today, in which the pilot Squadron Leader Raghu Bansi lost his life and the co-pilot suffered serious injuries.
"I am sure that all necessary help and assistance are being provided to the next of kin of the deceased pilot and medical aid is also being provided to the injured co-pilot."
He also wished an early recovery to the injured IAF co-pilot.
"Kindly convey my heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family, friends and colleagues. I pray for peace of the departed soul and speedy recovery of the injured co-pilot," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement quoted Mukherjee as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender