President Pranab condoles death of IAF pilot in MIG crash
New Delhi: President Pranab on Tuesday expressed grief over the tragic death of an IAF pilot after his MIG-21 aircraft crashed during a sortie in Jammu and Kashmir.
In a condolence message to IAF chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha, he said, "I am saddened to learn about the tragic crash of a MIG-21 fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force in Bijbehara area of Anantnag district in Jammu and Kashmir today, in which the pilot Squadron Leader Raghu Bansi lost his life and the co-pilot suffered serious injuries.
"I am sure that all necessary help and assistance are being provided to the next of kin of the deceased pilot and medical aid is also being provided to the injured co-pilot."
He also wished an early recovery to the injured IAF co-pilot.
"Kindly convey my heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family, friends and colleagues. I pray for peace of the departed soul and speedy recovery of the injured co-pilot," a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement quoted Mukherjee as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM