`Salman Khurshid to go ahead with Beijing visit`
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid is to go ahead with his May 9 Beijing visit amid the stand-off between the two countries over the incursion by Chinese troops in Depsang area of Ladakh.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said Thursday, in answer to a question, that Khurshid has said that "he intends to go and that is the last word".
He said that the Chinese incursion 19 km inside Indian territory on the Line of Actual Control is "localised in geographical and spatial terms" and the goal is to see the Chinese troops return to the position before the April 15 intrusion.
Akbaruddin said that India has been able to "communicate its concerns" to Beijing over the April 15 incursion by Chinese troops.
"The point is very clear that this is an incident limited in geographical scope and spatial," Akbaruddin said, adding that the "goal is that we return to status quo as it was prior to April 15".
He added that the channels of both countries were active to resolve the situation.
On Chinese Premier Li Keqiang`s forthcoming visit to Delhi, the spokesperson said both sides were in discussion on it and working out appropriate dates for the visit.
"The preparations are in an advanced stage of planning and discussions," he added.
A Chinese platoon set up a camp 19 km inside the Indian territory in Ladakh`s Depsang Valley April 15. Both sides have held three inconclusive flag meetings so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly