Surveillance along LoC increased: Army
Srinagar: Army on Thursday said surveillance grid
along the LoC has been strengthened to counter a possible
spurt in infiltration of militants from Pakistan-occupied
Kashmir ahead of winter snowfall in the Valley.
"The surveillance grid has been strengthened to foil any
attempt by militants to cross over to this side," General
Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lieutenant
General Syed Ata Hasnain told reporters in north Kashmir`s
Kupwara district, 100 km from here.
He, however, warned that next few weeks might see an
increase in attempts by militants to infiltrate before
mountain passes get closed with the onset of winter.
Gen Hasnain said numerous attempts were made by militants
to sneak into the Valley from across the LoC this year but
these have been foiled by the alert troops.
Army this summer intercepted several major infiltrating
groups of militants in north Kashmir including the one in
which 12 militants were killed while crossing a river into
Gurez sector of Bandipora district.
Meanwhile, Northern Command Chief Lt Gen K T Parnaik
today undertook a detailed tour of the mountainous district
of Kishtwar and reviewed the security situation.
The GOC-in-C visited various militancy-hit areas of the
district and the forward location of a Rashtriya Rifles
Battalion at Navpachchi, which is the highest and the remotest
area within the area of Delta Force.
He also interacted with the troops and asked them to
continue their relentless hard work to counter the terrorists`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi