Willing to work for increasing trust with India: China
New Delhi: With new government in place here, China on Monday said it is willing to work with India to grasp the opportunity to increase mutual trust, expand cooperation and foster a closer development partnership while handling the border issue.
The sentiment was conveyed by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi to National Security Adviser Ajit Doval here during their meeting whose focus was on ways to boost the ties.
The two are understood to have noted that both the countries are large and developing with considerable influence and cooperation between them would be beneficial for the world.
Wang said that China is ready to cooperate with India in properly handling of border issue, push the two countries` strategic cooperative partnership to a new level and realize common development and shared prosperity, according to state-run Chinese news agency Xinhua.
The Chinese leader said his country is willing to work with India to grasp the opportunity to increase mutual trust, expand cooperation and foster a closer development partnership, it said.
China and India enjoy far more common interests than differences and that common interests will keep increasing in future, the visiting Chinese Foreign Minister said.
Xinhua quoted Doval as saying that development of China is of great global significance, as well as special importance to India.
"The two countries are maintaining good cooperation in all fields and at the same time both shouldering the responsibility as big powers of safeguarding world peace and stability," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?