Willing to work for increasing trust with India: China
New Delhi: With new government in place here, China on Monday said it is willing to work with India to grasp the opportunity to increase mutual trust, expand cooperation and foster a closer development partnership while handling the border issue.
The sentiment was conveyed by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi to National Security Adviser Ajit Doval here during their meeting whose focus was on ways to boost the ties.
The two are understood to have noted that both the countries are large and developing with considerable influence and cooperation between them would be beneficial for the world.
Wang said that China is ready to cooperate with India in properly handling of border issue, push the two countries` strategic cooperative partnership to a new level and realize common development and shared prosperity, according to state-run Chinese news agency Xinhua.
The Chinese leader said his country is willing to work with India to grasp the opportunity to increase mutual trust, expand cooperation and foster a closer development partnership, it said.
China and India enjoy far more common interests than differences and that common interests will keep increasing in future, the visiting Chinese Foreign Minister said.
Xinhua quoted Doval as saying that development of China is of great global significance, as well as special importance to India.
"The two countries are maintaining good cooperation in all fields and at the same time both shouldering the responsibility as big powers of safeguarding world peace and stability," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray