`asmallworld` founder creates new social network to take on Facebook
Washington: Swedish startup ‘asmallworld.net’ founder Erik Wachtmeister is preparing to take on Facebook by creating a new social media site.
Wachtmeister has planned to launch Bestofallworlds.com this month, and was recently spotted meeting with Facebook foes Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss,
“Facebook is about vanity, not really utility, and the noise from the past. Best of all Worlds is about utility and the present and the future in a trusted environment,” The New York Post quoted Wachtmeister, as saying.
Wachtmeister founded asmallworld in 2004 as an exclusive social networking site for jet-setters, but he and his wife Louise’s involvement diminished after 2008.
Wachtmeister described the new site as a “discovery platform” for people and services.
“Now is an incredible time to do this because there is something missing. Facebook does a lot of good things for a lot of people, but I think it leaves a lot to be done by others,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof