`asmallworld` founder creates new social network to take on Facebook
Washington: Swedish startup ‘asmallworld.net’ founder Erik Wachtmeister is preparing to take on Facebook by creating a new social media site.
Wachtmeister has planned to launch Bestofallworlds.com this month, and was recently spotted meeting with Facebook foes Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss,
“Facebook is about vanity, not really utility, and the noise from the past. Best of all Worlds is about utility and the present and the future in a trusted environment,” The New York Post quoted Wachtmeister, as saying.
Wachtmeister founded asmallworld in 2004 as an exclusive social networking site for jet-setters, but he and his wife Louise’s involvement diminished after 2008.
Wachtmeister described the new site as a “discovery platform” for people and services.
“Now is an incredible time to do this because there is something missing. Facebook does a lot of good things for a lot of people, but I think it leaves a lot to be done by others,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country?
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-II