Experts to discuss problems of worldwide web in Moscow
Moscow: Representatives from Internet companies and state officials will gather for a three-day conference to discuss problems of the worldwide web in Moscow.
Topics for discussion will include state initiatives in the sphere of Internet regulation, tendencies of electronic trade, prospects for modern web development, technologies of efficient advertizing in the web, new mechanisms of search engines and other sectoral problems. Special attention will be focused on counteracting illegal information and cyber crimes in Runet, and the development of "electronic" democracy.
The event will be "The Russian Internet Week" (RIW-2013), one of the biggest events in the Internet industry, which will open in Moscow on Thursday for the sixth time.
"The RIW-2013 covers several areas and formats of interest for both Internet specialists and end users of Internet resources," the organizers told Itar-Tass. "We invite leader of Russian business, info communications and Internet technologies experts, employees of Russian and foreign IT companies, state officials, representatives from sectoral ministries and agencies, and Internet users." The organizers expect some 14,500 visitors.
Apart from Russia companies and specialists, the RIW-2013 participants will include representatives from foreign companies.
"This year, the Russian Internet Week has prepared a novelty - a presentation hall. It is a special venue to present products and services of the Internet market players and a platform for discussion of the most acute market-related problems," the organizers said.
The programme of the Week includes an exhibition of the latest developments of sectoral companies, including Kaspersky Laboratory, Rostelecom, Softkey, 1C, Mail.Ru, Microsoft, and Yandex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!