Experts to discuss problems of worldwide web in Moscow
Moscow: Representatives from Internet companies and state officials will gather for a three-day conference to discuss problems of the worldwide web in Moscow.
Topics for discussion will include state initiatives in the sphere of Internet regulation, tendencies of electronic trade, prospects for modern web development, technologies of efficient advertizing in the web, new mechanisms of search engines and other sectoral problems. Special attention will be focused on counteracting illegal information and cyber crimes in Runet, and the development of "electronic" democracy.
The event will be "The Russian Internet Week" (RIW-2013), one of the biggest events in the Internet industry, which will open in Moscow on Thursday for the sixth time.
"The RIW-2013 covers several areas and formats of interest for both Internet specialists and end users of Internet resources," the organizers told Itar-Tass. "We invite leader of Russian business, info communications and Internet technologies experts, employees of Russian and foreign IT companies, state officials, representatives from sectoral ministries and agencies, and Internet users." The organizers expect some 14,500 visitors.
Apart from Russia companies and specialists, the RIW-2013 participants will include representatives from foreign companies.
"This year, the Russian Internet Week has prepared a novelty - a presentation hall. It is a special venue to present products and services of the Internet market players and a platform for discussion of the most acute market-related problems," the organizers said.
The programme of the Week includes an exhibition of the latest developments of sectoral companies, including Kaspersky Laboratory, Rostelecom, Softkey, 1C, Mail.Ru, Microsoft, and Yandex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it