Facebook adjusts News Feed to feature more high quality content
Washington: Facebook has updated its News Feed algorithm to ensure it displays more `high quality` content from pages that users engage with.
According to a news website, Facebook first needed to define `high quality` content and it surveyed thousands of users on how they deemed such content, folding the responses into a new machine learning system, integrated with the master algorithm.
Over a thousand other factors including the quality of the page`s other content and the level of competition on the profile are considered by the updated algorithm to determine whether a post is of high quality, the report said.
Facebook revealed it has tested the new algorithm on a small segment of users and the new algorithm will be rolled out over the next few weeks to users on both desktop and mobile, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt