Facebook adjusts News Feed to feature more high quality content
Washington: Facebook has updated its News Feed algorithm to ensure it displays more `high quality` content from pages that users engage with.
According to a news website, Facebook first needed to define `high quality` content and it surveyed thousands of users on how they deemed such content, folding the responses into a new machine learning system, integrated with the master algorithm.
Over a thousand other factors including the quality of the page`s other content and the level of competition on the profile are considered by the updated algorithm to determine whether a post is of high quality, the report said.
Facebook revealed it has tested the new algorithm on a small segment of users and the new algorithm will be rolled out over the next few weeks to users on both desktop and mobile, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what