Facebook adjusts News Feed to feature more high quality content
Washington: Facebook has updated its News Feed algorithm to ensure it displays more `high quality` content from pages that users engage with.
According to a news website, Facebook first needed to define `high quality` content and it surveyed thousands of users on how they deemed such content, folding the responses into a new machine learning system, integrated with the master algorithm.
Over a thousand other factors including the quality of the page`s other content and the level of competition on the profile are considered by the updated algorithm to determine whether a post is of high quality, the report said.
Facebook revealed it has tested the new algorithm on a small segment of users and the new algorithm will be rolled out over the next few weeks to users on both desktop and mobile, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report