Facebook reveals men hold 8 out of 10 `top positions` in US
Washington: Facebook today revealed its diversity report which shows that 77 percent of top positions are held by men.
The report revealed that Facebook`s workforce is 69 percent male and 31 percent female. In the US, employee base consist of 57 percent white, 34 percent Asian, 4 percent Hispanic people, and only 2 percent Black employees, The Verge reported.
Facebook`s Maxine Williams said that diversity is essential to achieving their mission, and they build products to connect the world and need people from different communities, backgrounds and cultures.
He admitted that Facebook`s diversity figures follow disappointing trends seen across the tech industry, and they have more work to do, a lot more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble