Facebook reveals men hold 8 out of 10 `top positions` in US
Washington: Facebook today revealed its diversity report which shows that 77 percent of top positions are held by men.
The report revealed that Facebook`s workforce is 69 percent male and 31 percent female. In the US, employee base consist of 57 percent white, 34 percent Asian, 4 percent Hispanic people, and only 2 percent Black employees, The Verge reported.
Facebook`s Maxine Williams said that diversity is essential to achieving their mission, and they build products to connect the world and need people from different communities, backgrounds and cultures.
He admitted that Facebook`s diversity figures follow disappointing trends seen across the tech industry, and they have more work to do, a lot more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends