Facebook reveals men hold 8 out of 10 `top positions` in US
Washington: Facebook today revealed its diversity report which shows that 77 percent of top positions are held by men.
The report revealed that Facebook`s workforce is 69 percent male and 31 percent female. In the US, employee base consist of 57 percent white, 34 percent Asian, 4 percent Hispanic people, and only 2 percent Black employees, The Verge reported.
Facebook`s Maxine Williams said that diversity is essential to achieving their mission, and they build products to connect the world and need people from different communities, backgrounds and cultures.
He admitted that Facebook`s diversity figures follow disappointing trends seen across the tech industry, and they have more work to do, a lot more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen
- Boy George 'devastated' over friend's suicide