Majority of teenagers now flocking to Twitter as Facebook enthusiasm wanes: Study
London: Teenagers are now turning to Twitter as their enthusiasm for Facebook is waning, a new study has found.
The new report from the Pew Research Centre in America showed that teenagers "have waning enthusiasm" for Facebook, and increasingly seen as a burden.
The report cited a number of reasons for the decreased enthusiasm in Facebook, including an `increasing number of adults on the site`, the Independent reports.
Nearly 70 percent of teenagers said they were friends with their parents.
The study found that more teenagers were also turning towards Twitter. Although attracting a far smaller crowd than Facebook, the microblogging service increased its teenage user-base from 16 per cent in 2011 to 24 percent in 2013, the report said.
Although Facebook remains popular, users of services like Twitter and Instagram reported greater levels of satisfactions with the sites.
The report showed that while Facebook bogged down teens with "social expectations and constraints", newer social-media services allowed them greater freedom to express themselves.
According to the report, the survey showed that 74 percent of teenagers have pruned their friend list, 59 per cent had deleted or edited their past posts, and 58 percent said they used inside jokes or other coded messages to disguise their messages from others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’