New smart contact lens crammed with Google Glass-like tech
Washington: Researchers have created a Google Glass-like device on a contact lens.
According to Technology Review, the team developed a "transparent, highly conductive, and stretchy mix of graphene and silver nanowires" that it then attached to an off-the-shelf soft contact lens to give it Google Glass-like features.
The lenses were tested on rabbits because of similarities with the human eye and were found to be fully functional.
The researchers noted that the rabbits didn`t attempt to rub their eyes nor did they grow bloodshot after five hours of testing.
"Our goal is to make a wearable contact-lens display that can do all the things Google Glass can do," research leader Jang-Ung Park, a chemical engineer at the Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, said.
True smart contacts with heads-up displays are still quite a few years out, however - the "display" on the tested lens was only one pixel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'