Tumblr adds two-step authentication for its users to enhance security
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: In view of growing cyber crime and the threat that it poses to the online community, microblogging and social media site Tumblr has reportedly added a two-step authentication method for its users in a bid to keep hackers at bay, thus enhancing their security.
The move follows eight months after Tumblr urged iOS users to change their passwords following a mysterious breach.
Earlier, Tumblr users were required to log-in the same way of putting a password to gain access as most other social websites. But with the new process in place, users would also need their cellular phone numbers along with the user id and password to access the account.
The two-factor authentication is SMS-based, in which Tumblr sends a code in a text message to a user`s mobile phone each time they want to log-in .
Addition of the process puts Tumblr in-line with other services like Gmail and Twitter, which already offer the feature.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him