Tumblr adds two-step authentication for its users to enhance security
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: In view of growing cyber crime and the threat that it poses to the online community, microblogging and social media site Tumblr has reportedly added a two-step authentication method for its users in a bid to keep hackers at bay, thus enhancing their security.
The move follows eight months after Tumblr urged iOS users to change their passwords following a mysterious breach.
Earlier, Tumblr users were required to log-in the same way of putting a password to gain access as most other social websites. But with the new process in place, users would also need their cellular phone numbers along with the user id and password to access the account.
The two-factor authentication is SMS-based, in which Tumblr sends a code in a text message to a user`s mobile phone each time they want to log-in .
Addition of the process puts Tumblr in-line with other services like Gmail and Twitter, which already offer the feature.
With Agency Inputs
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Radiotherapy can affect lung cancer patients adversely
- Coolpad announces a price cut on Note 3 smartphone in India
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray asks Maharashtra CM Fadnavis to quit for supporting Vidarbha
- Horror! In chilling reminder of Delhi gang-rape, woman in Kerala brutally raped, intestines pulled out
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts