Tumblr adds two-step authentication for its users to enhance security
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: In view of growing cyber crime and the threat that it poses to the online community, microblogging and social media site Tumblr has reportedly added a two-step authentication method for its users in a bid to keep hackers at bay, thus enhancing their security.
The move follows eight months after Tumblr urged iOS users to change their passwords following a mysterious breach.
Earlier, Tumblr users were required to log-in the same way of putting a password to gain access as most other social websites. But with the new process in place, users would also need their cellular phone numbers along with the user id and password to access the account.
The two-factor authentication is SMS-based, in which Tumblr sends a code in a text message to a user`s mobile phone each time they want to log-in .
Addition of the process puts Tumblr in-line with other services like Gmail and Twitter, which already offer the feature.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018
- PCB to send Mohammad Hafeez to England for knee-injury treatment
- China says extremely dissatisfied with G7 statement on South China Sea