Twitter to be available on mobile phones without Internet
Zee Media Bureau
A good news for all the Twitter lovers. Twitter Inc is tying up with a Singapore-based startup to make its service available to users in emerging markets who have entry-level mobile phones which cannot access the Internet.
U2opia is the name of the company which is assisting Twitter with this. The technology being used is said to be U2opia’s Fonetwish, which works on Facebook and Google Talk. The company is hopeful of launching its Twitter portion of Fonetwish in the first quarter of next year.
Users will just need to dial a simple code to get a feed of the popular trending topics on Twitter. Using the USSD, or Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, protocol that allows mobile phones to communicate with a service provider`s computers, U2opia will be able to serve local trending topics to users who dial this code.
U2opia, which is present in 30 countries in seven international languages, will localize the Twitter feed according to the location of the user.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog