Twitter to be available on mobile phones without Internet
Zee Media Bureau
A good news for all the Twitter lovers. Twitter Inc is tying up with a Singapore-based startup to make its service available to users in emerging markets who have entry-level mobile phones which cannot access the Internet.
U2opia is the name of the company which is assisting Twitter with this. The technology being used is said to be U2opia’s Fonetwish, which works on Facebook and Google Talk. The company is hopeful of launching its Twitter portion of Fonetwish in the first quarter of next year.
Users will just need to dial a simple code to get a feed of the popular trending topics on Twitter. Using the USSD, or Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, protocol that allows mobile phones to communicate with a service provider`s computers, U2opia will be able to serve local trending topics to users who dial this code.
U2opia, which is present in 30 countries in seven international languages, will localize the Twitter feed according to the location of the user.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- 'Akira' animator Makiko Futaki dies at 57
- Video alert - Lisa Haydon, Jacqueline Fernandez fight like Tom and Jerry!
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting