AAPSU condemns China for its reported claim on Arunachal
Itanagar: Reacting to reports that China has in its recent map shown Arunachal Pradesh as its territory, the All Arunachal Pradesh Students` Union today condemned the country`s "expansionist attitude" and said the state is an integral part of India.
"The expansionist attitude of China must be condemned at all platforms and the state government should send a loud and clear message to New Delhi that Arunachal Pradesh was and will remain as an integral part of India," AAPSU General Secretary Biru Nasi said here.
Criticising Nabam Tuki government for allegedly failing to raise the issue strongly with the Centre in order to send a clear message to Beijing, Nasi said "whenever Chinese leaders visit India, Arunachal Pradesh never tries to raise voice before the Chinese delegates on the state`s stand.
"The state government should makes its stand clear on the often repeated claims of China over the state`s territory and the stapled visa issue and should exert constant pressure on the central leadership to resolve the issue once for all," Nasi said.
He said, the apex student body would soon stage protest in the national capital to voice the people`s concern on China`s claim over Arunachal.
Asked about recent China maps which show disputed areas in Arunachal and South China Sea as its own, the Spokesperson in the External Affairs Ministry had yesterday said in New Delhi, "the cartographic depictions do not change the reality on the ground."
"The fact that Arunachal Pradesh is integral and inalienable part of India has been conveyed to Chinese authority at several occasions including at the very highest level," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...