Christmas celebrated all over Mizoram
Aizawl: Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ to save the world, was being celebrated all over the Christian-dominated Mizoram peacefully and happily.
The celebrations began from last night with church services and fellowships where the congregation sang Christmas songs, both western and typical Mizo songs composed by the local spiritualists during the past century.
Police officials said that the celebrations of Christmas eve last nigh was completely peaceful and crime-free.
The yuletide spirit was everywhere as Aizawl city wore a festive look with street decoration and lights everywhere.
Praise and worship services marked the Christmas Day today and the community feasts would be held tomorrow in majority of the villages and localities of the urban areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble