Christmas celebrated all over Mizoram
Aizawl: Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ to save the world, was being celebrated all over the Christian-dominated Mizoram peacefully and happily.
The celebrations began from last night with church services and fellowships where the congregation sang Christmas songs, both western and typical Mizo songs composed by the local spiritualists during the past century.
Police officials said that the celebrations of Christmas eve last nigh was completely peaceful and crime-free.
The yuletide spirit was everywhere as Aizawl city wore a festive look with street decoration and lights everywhere.
Praise and worship services marked the Christmas Day today and the community feasts would be held tomorrow in majority of the villages and localities of the urban areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes