Christmas celebrated all over Mizoram
Aizawl: Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ to save the world, was being celebrated all over the Christian-dominated Mizoram peacefully and happily.
The celebrations began from last night with church services and fellowships where the congregation sang Christmas songs, both western and typical Mizo songs composed by the local spiritualists during the past century.
Police officials said that the celebrations of Christmas eve last nigh was completely peaceful and crime-free.
The yuletide spirit was everywhere as Aizawl city wore a festive look with street decoration and lights everywhere.
Praise and worship services marked the Christmas Day today and the community feasts would be held tomorrow in majority of the villages and localities of the urban areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption