Girl student forced to drink alcohol, raped in AP
Itanagar: A girl student of Class VI was allegedly raped by a constable of the Indian Reserve Battalion after he forced her to drink alcohol at Longding district of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said on Monday.
The student of a government higher secondary school, who was raped on March 2 recovered consciousness yesterday at the community health centre where she was taken to after being found lying beside the Circuit House, the sources said. The victim has been sent for medical examination.
The IRB constable, Lukbom Yonggam, was arrested on Sunday after locals caught him, they said.
The locals gheraoed the police station demanding punishment for the constable. The police fired in the air after a mob assaulted the constable last evening when he was being taken to the community health centre for medical examination, the sources said.
Army doctors treated the constable at the police station due to security reasons, they said. Local MLA Thangwang Wangham said that the culprit should be dealt with an iron hand and asked the people not to aggravate the situation and let the law take its own course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone