Girl student forced to drink alcohol, raped in AP
Itanagar: A girl student of Class VI was allegedly raped by a constable of the Indian Reserve Battalion after he forced her to drink alcohol at Longding district of Arunachal Pradesh, official sources said on Monday.
The student of a government higher secondary school, who was raped on March 2 recovered consciousness yesterday at the community health centre where she was taken to after being found lying beside the Circuit House, the sources said. The victim has been sent for medical examination.
The IRB constable, Lukbom Yonggam, was arrested on Sunday after locals caught him, they said.
The locals gheraoed the police station demanding punishment for the constable. The police fired in the air after a mob assaulted the constable last evening when he was being taken to the community health centre for medical examination, the sources said.
Army doctors treated the constable at the police station due to security reasons, they said. Local MLA Thangwang Wangham said that the culprit should be dealt with an iron hand and asked the people not to aggravate the situation and let the law take its own course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon