Meningitis claims lives of 12 infants in Mizoram
Aizawl: At least 12 infants have died due to
meningitis during the past 45 days in Mizoram`s Saiha district
bordering Myanmar, health officials on Saturday said.
Five infants below the age of one year died during
November while seven infants died in October.
14 additional beds have been squeezed into the 50-bedded
Saiha district hospitals in view of the rising number of
patients, the officials said, adding even free clinics have
been organised in the remotest villages to safe the infants.
The officials said the situation in the area might have
been aggravated due to malnutrition among locals, especially
among the infants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?