Meningitis claims lives of 12 infants in Mizoram
Aizawl: At least 12 infants have died due to
meningitis during the past 45 days in Mizoram`s Saiha district
bordering Myanmar, health officials on Saturday said.
Five infants below the age of one year died during
November while seven infants died in October.
14 additional beds have been squeezed into the 50-bedded
Saiha district hospitals in view of the rising number of
patients, the officials said, adding even free clinics have
been organised in the remotest villages to safe the infants.
The officials said the situation in the area might have
been aggravated due to malnutrition among locals, especially
among the infants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list