Meningitis claims lives of 12 infants in Mizoram
Aizawl: At least 12 infants have died due to
meningitis during the past 45 days in Mizoram`s Saiha district
bordering Myanmar, health officials on Saturday said.
Five infants below the age of one year died during
November while seven infants died in October.
14 additional beds have been squeezed into the 50-bedded
Saiha district hospitals in view of the rising number of
patients, the officials said, adding even free clinics have
been organised in the remotest villages to safe the infants.
The officials said the situation in the area might have
been aggravated due to malnutrition among locals, especially
among the infants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda