Mizoram economy grew by 10.37 percent
Aizawl: Mizoram`s economy grew by 10.37 percent in real terms in 2012-2013 over the previous year against the national growth rate of five percent, according to the economic survey presented in the Assembly by state Finance Minister H Liansailova on Friday.
The survey said the GSDP for 2012-13 was Rs 8,091.86 crore and the growth of the state at current prices was estimated to be 16.74 percent over the previous year.
The per capita income of the state for 2011-2012 was estimated at Rs 54,689, while the national per capita income during the same period was estimated at Rs 61,564.
The service sector remained the dominating sector in the state`s economy by contributing 61.04 percent, while industry and agriculture sector contributed 20.29 percent and 18.68 percent respectively even as around 60 percent of the population depended on agriculture and allied sectors.
The Economic Survey also pointed out that 32 percent of the cultivated area was under jhum cultivation and only 20 percent of the demand for rice, the staple food of the Mizos, could be met within the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof