CPI leader killed in Odisha
Berhampur: A local CPI leader was killed allegedly by some unidentified men at Chhatrapur in Ganjam district, police said Thursday.
Sakura Behera (30) was attacked with sharp weapons by some unknown persons when he was riding a motor-cycle last evening, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh said.
Behera was first taken to the sub-divisional hospital at Chhatrapur and then shifted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital where he died, Singh said.
"The exact cause of the attack is yet to be ascertained and investigation is on," the SP said.
Behera was a leader of the youth wing of CPI in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!