CPI leader killed in Odisha
Berhampur: A local CPI leader was killed allegedly by some unidentified men at Chhatrapur in Ganjam district, police said Thursday.
Sakura Behera (30) was attacked with sharp weapons by some unknown persons when he was riding a motor-cycle last evening, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh said.
Behera was first taken to the sub-divisional hospital at Chhatrapur and then shifted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital where he died, Singh said.
"The exact cause of the attack is yet to be ascertained and investigation is on," the SP said.
Behera was a leader of the youth wing of CPI in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'