CPI leader killed in Odisha
Berhampur: A local CPI leader was killed allegedly by some unidentified men at Chhatrapur in Ganjam district, police said Thursday.
Sakura Behera (30) was attacked with sharp weapons by some unknown persons when he was riding a motor-cycle last evening, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh said.
Behera was first taken to the sub-divisional hospital at Chhatrapur and then shifted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital where he died, Singh said.
"The exact cause of the attack is yet to be ascertained and investigation is on," the SP said.
Behera was a leader of the youth wing of CPI in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan