CPI leader killed in Odisha
Berhampur: A local CPI leader was killed allegedly by some unidentified men at Chhatrapur in Ganjam district, police said Thursday.
Sakura Behera (30) was attacked with sharp weapons by some unknown persons when he was riding a motor-cycle last evening, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh said.
Behera was first taken to the sub-divisional hospital at Chhatrapur and then shifted to the MKCG Medical College and Hospital where he died, Singh said.
"The exact cause of the attack is yet to be ascertained and investigation is on," the SP said.
Behera was a leader of the youth wing of CPI in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured