Man burnt to death in slum fire in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: A man was burnt to death and about a hundred shanties were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out in a slum in Odisha capital Bhubaneswar on Friday, police said.
The fire erupted in a shanty around noon and spread rapidly. By the time fire fighters arrived, about 100 shanties had already been burnt down.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Nitinjit Singh said: "The fire has been brought under control."
"There was no report of anyone else being injured. The cause of the fire is being ascertained," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption