Man burnt to death in slum fire in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: A man was burnt to death and about a hundred shanties were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out in a slum in Odisha capital Bhubaneswar on Friday, police said.
The fire erupted in a shanty around noon and spread rapidly. By the time fire fighters arrived, about 100 shanties had already been burnt down.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Nitinjit Singh said: "The fire has been brought under control."
"There was no report of anyone else being injured. The cause of the fire is being ascertained," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh
- A rat-free land: New Zealand announces plan to become 'predator-free' by 2050!
- Saudis say five guards killed in clashes on Yemen border
- RBI fines BoB, PNB, HDFC Bank for regulatory lapses