Man burnt to death in slum fire in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: A man was burnt to death and about a hundred shanties were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out in a slum in Odisha capital Bhubaneswar on Friday, police said.
The fire erupted in a shanty around noon and spread rapidly. By the time fire fighters arrived, about 100 shanties had already been burnt down.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Nitinjit Singh said: "The fire has been brought under control."
"There was no report of anyone else being injured. The cause of the fire is being ascertained," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!