Three die of suspected food poisoning in Orissa
Phulbani: Three people died and about 20 others fell ill due to suspected food poisoning here,
officials said on Friday.
The victims, who were part of a group of about 60 tourists from Sarangagarh area, were returning from Puri, Bhubaneswar and other places when they complained of
diarrhoea, chief district medical officer of Kandhamal, NC Behera said.
The three, who died due to suspected food poisoning yesterday, were identified as Sabitri Pradhan, Bibhisan (60) and his son Chinmay (37), while 14 persons were admitted to a
hospital at Sarangagarh, he said, adding some others were undergoing treatment at Nayagarh.
The patients had taken food at around five places on their way back, Behera said after a visit to Sarangagarh hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!