Three die of suspected food poisoning in Orissa
Phulbani: Three people died and about 20 others fell ill due to suspected food poisoning here,
officials said on Friday.
The victims, who were part of a group of about 60 tourists from Sarangagarh area, were returning from Puri, Bhubaneswar and other places when they complained of
diarrhoea, chief district medical officer of Kandhamal, NC Behera said.
The three, who died due to suspected food poisoning yesterday, were identified as Sabitri Pradhan, Bibhisan (60) and his son Chinmay (37), while 14 persons were admitted to a
hospital at Sarangagarh, he said, adding some others were undergoing treatment at Nayagarh.
The patients had taken food at around five places on their way back, Behera said after a visit to Sarangagarh hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka