30 appointed on compassionate ground in Punjab
Chandigarh: Altogether 30 persons were given appointment letters on compassionate ground by Punjab Transport minister Ajit Singh Kohar here on Wednesday.
Giving the appointment letters to 11 clerks and 19 bus conductors, the Minister said the Transport Department during the last five years had given 744 appointment letters to the dependents of the deceased.
He said the transport department was geared to provide better transport facilities to the people of the state as well as committed to the welfare of its employees.
Besides, 3,500 employees have been promoted and drivers, conductors and security guards were among 2,500 appointed through outsourcing within the last five years.
Kohar said 1285 new buses have been added to this fleet during the last five years and the government would add 350 new buses in the existing fleet.
Speaking on the occasion, Transport Secretary Mandeep Singh said electronic ticketing machines have been installed to issue tickets.
A scheme of giving 50 per cent discount has been introduced especially in the online reservation system and the daily passengers.
He also said that free travel facility has been given to eligible passengers in the state run buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price