Maximum temperatures hover above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures today hovered several notches above normal in Punjab and Haryana with Hisar being the hottest place.
Hisar sizzled at 42.5 degree Celsius, up by four notches above normal. Among other places in Haryana, Ambala, Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded maximum at 39, 41.8 and 42 degree Celsius respectively.
Chandigarh had a high of 38.4 degree Celsius, up by three notches above normal, Met Department report said today.
In Punjab, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala had high of 40.2 degree Celsius, 40 and 39.5 degree Celsius, respectively, rising by up to four notches above normal.
Weatherman has predicted mainly dry weather in Punjab and Haryana in the next 24 hours.
- Raj Thackeray calls Congress government better than BJP's in Maharashtra
- Germany's right-wing AfD to adopt anti-Islam manifesto
- Travel in metro, buses using Common Mobility Card from July
- WATCH: Dance moves of Pakistani cricketers Umar, Kamran Akmal
- Rising Pune Supergiants' Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL with side strain