Maximum temperatures hover above normal in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Maximum temperatures today hovered several notches above normal in Punjab and Haryana with Hisar being the hottest place.
Hisar sizzled at 42.5 degree Celsius, up by four notches above normal. Among other places in Haryana, Ambala, Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded maximum at 39, 41.8 and 42 degree Celsius respectively.
Chandigarh had a high of 38.4 degree Celsius, up by three notches above normal, Met Department report said today.
In Punjab, Amritsar, Ludhiana and Patiala had high of 40.2 degree Celsius, 40 and 39.5 degree Celsius, respectively, rising by up to four notches above normal.
Weatherman has predicted mainly dry weather in Punjab and Haryana in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best