Rain in Chandigarh, dry spell ends
Chandigarh: Rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas Thursday morning, bringing an end to a prolonged dry spell that lasted over a month.
Met officials said rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas after 9.15 am. They said overcast conditions would remain and thundershowers could occur again later in the day.
The rain provided much relief from the sweltering heat of the last five-six weeks.
Maximum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh have been hovering between 40-45 degrees Celsius.
The erratic power and water supply have added to the miseries of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'