Rain in Chandigarh, dry spell ends
Chandigarh: Rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas Thursday morning, bringing an end to a prolonged dry spell that lasted over a month.
Met officials said rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas after 9.15 am. They said overcast conditions would remain and thundershowers could occur again later in the day.
The rain provided much relief from the sweltering heat of the last five-six weeks.
Maximum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh have been hovering between 40-45 degrees Celsius.
The erratic power and water supply have added to the miseries of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far