Rain in Chandigarh, dry spell ends
Chandigarh: Rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas Thursday morning, bringing an end to a prolonged dry spell that lasted over a month.
Met officials said rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas after 9.15 am. They said overcast conditions would remain and thundershowers could occur again later in the day.
The rain provided much relief from the sweltering heat of the last five-six weeks.
Maximum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh have been hovering between 40-45 degrees Celsius.
The erratic power and water supply have added to the miseries of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley