Rain in Chandigarh, dry spell ends
Chandigarh: Rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas Thursday morning, bringing an end to a prolonged dry spell that lasted over a month.
Met officials said rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas after 9.15 am. They said overcast conditions would remain and thundershowers could occur again later in the day.
The rain provided much relief from the sweltering heat of the last five-six weeks.
Maximum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh have been hovering between 40-45 degrees Celsius.
The erratic power and water supply have added to the miseries of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon