Rain in Chandigarh, dry spell ends
Chandigarh: Rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas Thursday morning, bringing an end to a prolonged dry spell that lasted over a month.
Met officials said rains lashed Chandigarh and its surrounding areas after 9.15 am. They said overcast conditions would remain and thundershowers could occur again later in the day.
The rain provided much relief from the sweltering heat of the last five-six weeks.
Maximum temperatures in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh have been hovering between 40-45 degrees Celsius.
The erratic power and water supply have added to the miseries of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’