Ban on use of Pak SIM card extended in Jaisalmer till Dec 3
Jaisalmer: Expressing concern over mobile signal spillover from Pakistan in the border district, the Collector has extended ban on use of Pakistani SIM card here till December 3, an official said today.
Under the National Security Act, no one would be allowed to use SIM card obtained or purchased from Pakistan, the official said quoting Jaisalmer Collector N L Meena.
Within the radius upto five kilometre along the Indian border, Pakistani SIM cards used to get connectivity in Jaisalmer district, and hence the ban was extended till December 3, 2014, he added.
Offenders would be punished if found guilty of using foreign country SIM card, the order said. Meanwhile, Jaisalmer Police yesterday arrested history sheeter Feroze Khan, who was absconding for past one year from Barmer`s Rageshwari police station area. Khan was wanted in a number of criminal cases including loot and fraud lodged in Jaislamer district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today