Ban on use of Pak SIM card extended in Jaisalmer till Dec 3
Jaisalmer: Expressing concern over mobile signal spillover from Pakistan in the border district, the Collector has extended ban on use of Pakistani SIM card here till December 3, an official said today.
Under the National Security Act, no one would be allowed to use SIM card obtained or purchased from Pakistan, the official said quoting Jaisalmer Collector N L Meena.
Within the radius upto five kilometre along the Indian border, Pakistani SIM cards used to get connectivity in Jaisalmer district, and hence the ban was extended till December 3, 2014, he added.
Offenders would be punished if found guilty of using foreign country SIM card, the order said. Meanwhile, Jaisalmer Police yesterday arrested history sheeter Feroze Khan, who was absconding for past one year from Barmer`s Rageshwari police station area. Khan was wanted in a number of criminal cases including loot and fraud lodged in Jaislamer district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air