Ban on use of Pak SIM card extended in Jaisalmer till Dec 3
Jaisalmer: Expressing concern over mobile signal spillover from Pakistan in the border district, the Collector has extended ban on use of Pakistani SIM card here till December 3, an official said today.
Under the National Security Act, no one would be allowed to use SIM card obtained or purchased from Pakistan, the official said quoting Jaisalmer Collector N L Meena.
Within the radius upto five kilometre along the Indian border, Pakistani SIM cards used to get connectivity in Jaisalmer district, and hence the ban was extended till December 3, 2014, he added.
Offenders would be punished if found guilty of using foreign country SIM card, the order said. Meanwhile, Jaisalmer Police yesterday arrested history sheeter Feroze Khan, who was absconding for past one year from Barmer`s Rageshwari police station area. Khan was wanted in a number of criminal cases including loot and fraud lodged in Jaislamer district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future