Ban on use of Pak SIM card extended in Jaisalmer till Dec 3
Jaisalmer: Expressing concern over mobile signal spillover from Pakistan in the border district, the Collector has extended ban on use of Pakistani SIM card here till December 3, an official said today.
Under the National Security Act, no one would be allowed to use SIM card obtained or purchased from Pakistan, the official said quoting Jaisalmer Collector N L Meena.
Within the radius upto five kilometre along the Indian border, Pakistani SIM cards used to get connectivity in Jaisalmer district, and hence the ban was extended till December 3, 2014, he added.
Offenders would be punished if found guilty of using foreign country SIM card, the order said. Meanwhile, Jaisalmer Police yesterday arrested history sheeter Feroze Khan, who was absconding for past one year from Barmer`s Rageshwari police station area. Khan was wanted in a number of criminal cases including loot and fraud lodged in Jaislamer district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened