Ban on use of Pak SIM card extended in Jaisalmer till Dec 3
Jaisalmer: Expressing concern over mobile signal spillover from Pakistan in the border district, the Collector has extended ban on use of Pakistani SIM card here till December 3, an official said today.
Under the National Security Act, no one would be allowed to use SIM card obtained or purchased from Pakistan, the official said quoting Jaisalmer Collector N L Meena.
Within the radius upto five kilometre along the Indian border, Pakistani SIM cards used to get connectivity in Jaisalmer district, and hence the ban was extended till December 3, 2014, he added.
Offenders would be punished if found guilty of using foreign country SIM card, the order said. Meanwhile, Jaisalmer Police yesterday arrested history sheeter Feroze Khan, who was absconding for past one year from Barmer`s Rageshwari police station area. Khan was wanted in a number of criminal cases including loot and fraud lodged in Jaislamer district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review